Electromagnetic spring brake FDB
Electromagnetic spring-applied brake FDB (IP54/IP55), is a brake engineered by German company PRECIMA.
It is a very reliable brake that can be used in almost all applications. (inside or protected by housing)
It is available in 10 different sizes (between 2 and 1500 Nm), for both static and dynamic braking (just up to 1000 Nm). Also, it can incorporate a lever to release the brake manually.
- Braking power is produced by springs.
- The braking torque is generated with no current.
- The brake is released electromagnetically
In addition, we can offer brake variations based on the requirements of each application.
- FDD SERIES (IP54): FDD brakes offer double safety as they are two independent brakes mounted in serial. They are homologated under the EN 81 and BGV regulations for elevator brakes. A micro-switch (or inductive sensor) can be mounted to monitor the state of the brake.
- FDR SERIES (IP54): FDR brake has two rotors so it doubles the braking torque without hardly increasing its width (optimized space usage).
- FDS SERIES (IP65): FDS Brake was developed as a solution for applications that require an economical, fully enclosed brake that is protected against dirt, dust, or moisture. Due to the specially designed magnetic body, this brake is most effective as a holding or parking brake at emergency stops.
- FDW SERIES (IP66):FDW Brake is a fully capsulated and sealed brake, perfect for outdoor applications or for use in aggressive environments. Very simple assembling through fixed air gap.
- FDX SERIES (IP67): FDX Brake is designed for the use in very rough environments like offshore or sea climate. All parts are made of very strong and durable materials and are designed to permanently protect the internal functional parts of the brake.
- FLC SERIES: This series of brakes is the preferred choice for applications that primarily require low friction or static braking. The torque in this model has a range between 0.25 and 8 Nm, 0,5Nm is more common.
The spring brakes are supplied ready to be mounted.
Air gaps for FLC, FDW are fixed without adjustment.
The air gap of the FDB, FDD and FDR brakes is preset before leaving the factory, they can be adjusted later without removing the engine brake.
Information about the FDB electromagnetic spring brake and all its series:
- Standard voltages are: 24 VDC, 48 VDC, 103 VDC, 180 VDC, and 205 VDC
- Special voltages are available on request
- Fixed bearing not required on the side of the brake
- Standard: Protective rating IP 54 (mounted under the fan cowl of electric-motors).
For more information about the products we have at EIDE, do not hesitate to contact us.
Electromagnetic spring-applied brake FDB
Electromagnetic spring-applied brake FDB, is a brake of the German PRECIMA engineering
It is a very safe brake that can be used in almost all applications.
It is available in 10 different sizes (between 2 and 1500 Nm), for both static and dynamic braking. In addition, it can incorporate a lever to release the brake manually.