The overspeed governor system is a mechanical unit used to protect against accidental free-fall in rack and pinion lift mechanisms.
The system only operates when the descent speed surpasses a previously established value. The sensors are activated through centrifugal force and wedge the follower pinion against the structure. The wedging is cushioned so the platform is immobilised once it has been braked.
FPC SAFETY DEVICE SPECIFICATIONS
- Maximum load: Up to 9000 kg.
- Maximum speed: More than 120 m/min.
- Centrifugal progressive interlock without trigger.
- Automatic reset: The procedure to reset the brake consists only in raising the elevator a few centimetres. The brake returns to its operative without need of any manipulation.
- Micro switch easily accessible.
- Different constructions including a double exit axis for double-mast boom lifts.
- Complies with directives EN 12158, EN 12159 & EN 1495.
- Complies with directive 95/16/EC.
- Complies with ATEX 94/9/EC.